Hope you all are doing good. I am back after a break, got so consumed by my daily life that writing a blog could not practically fit into my schedule. But I love writing and sharing things and an increasing number of blog views actually encourages me. So, this time, I had actually decided to do some intelligent time management and made a tentative schedule for everyday work and motivating myself enough to stick to it. Time management is one thing I have to master . I always run short of time and lots of my pending work keeps haunting me. Anyhoo I am trying hard to effectively manage my time and increase my efficiency.
Summer wardrobe is incomplete without a shirt dress. Its one classic silhouette that never goes out of fashion. Wear shirt dresses in breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, chambray, soothing summer and pastel colors. The length of a shirt dress is really important as you don’t want to look like you forgot your pants home, choose loose fitting appropriate length dress or long shirts. Pair with sandals, gladiators, sneakers or ankle boots. I personally like summer dresses in white, pastel colors or ditsy prints paired with sneakers or sandals. Accessorize with a belt to cinch the waist, multi-layer neck charms, and statement bags (I wonder why I have this habit of calling every bag a statement bag).
- Style a tailored white shirt dress with black accessories in the classic monochrome way.
2. Add some structure by throwing a jacket over and yes a statement bag and shiny block heels like the picture below.
3. The voluminous loose fitting cotton maxi shirt dress is ideal for daytime, pair with a tote bag and slip-on.
4. A light blue Chambray shirt dress is a great deal to run errands in summers paired with tonal slip-ons and a bright tote bag.
5. Look dressy by wearing a shirt dress as a cape over a sheath dress. Play with lengths, texture and color of both the pieces, style with neutral or contrast footwear and bag.
6. You can never go wrong with a button-down striped shirt dress worn casually, accessorize with a bright shoulder bag and neutral sandals.
7. Beat the heat in a crisp white soothing sack shirt dress paired with converse sneakers. After all roomy XL clothing is mandatory in summers and converse spells comfort.
8. For a weekend get away how about wearing a bright colored ditsy printed shirt dress with few buttons open, styled with neutral belt and accessories.
9. You can even wear a shirt dress over a pair of skinny denim for an edgy street look styled with sunglasses, sandals or sneakers, and a shoulder bag.
10. For a semi-casual look, you can wear a side split maxi shirt dress over a pair of fitted ankle pants with few buttons open, style with neckpiece, sandals, and a tote bag.
I hope this post helps you to choose a shirt dress which suits your style best. I will be up with my next post on Sunday, although from next week I aim to post on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays. If you like my style posts then please subscribe to my blog and let’s stay connected on social media. Stay happy and blessed.