The A-Z of How to style Long Coats
Wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year. Hope all your resolutions come true. I have stopped making a long list of my new year resolutions after so many failed attempts to stick through them, duh poor me. Today I am going to talk about how to style long coats, by long I mean a really long coat. I love long coats so much so that I can have sixty percent of my winter wardrobe with long coats. Long coats are roomy and allow you to wear a lot of layers underneath. Long coats never go out of fashion they were there in the sixties and they are still ruling ramps and streets in Autumn/winter 15-16. Long coats are our preferred choice when its chilly outside. Black coats are definitely no brainer, you can go for neutrals like browns, grey’s, camel, beige etc. Its always a good idea to invest in a statement long coat in a pastel color or some bright color. I feel black and grey coats are too common therefore you should try to play around colored coats.
In AW 2015-16 little oversized long coats are trendy and are ultimate winter’s style fix. Style long coats over denim, dresses, skirts, maxi dresses, cropped pants, leather tights, if you are a fan of boho chic look then with flared denim or slouchy pants. Layer underneath with tunics, loose tees, tops, blouses, jackets in different lengths. Play with layers in different lengths of sweaters, tops or dresses. Wear boots, sneakers or even heels for polished and sophisticated evening look.
The long coat is an ideal choice for office wear and evening out in winters. Make your mark with a trench coat, wrap coat, maxi coat or what so ever suits your style best. Read on how you can style long coats to look glamorous and stylish.
1. Wear long coats with ripped denim or flared denim (major comeback) for a streamlined basic street look.
2. Belt it up with a statement or matching belt to cinch the waistline.
3. When in confusion wear a contrast long coat over a monochrome outfit.
4. Wear long coats with cropped pants for the office look or with slouchy pants to strut around.
5. Don’t pack your midi skirts or dresses just pair them with a snuggly long coat and boots.
6. You can never go wrong with an edgy pastel color long coat or just pair any neutral colored long coat with pastel outfit.
7. Throw a long coat over bodycon, midi or maxi dresses for just quick winter style fix from day to evening.
8. Wear long coats with wool or leather tights and jeggings paired with boots or heels.
9. Let the bright colored long coat be the centre of attraction keeping rest of the outfit subtle.
10. Last but not the least have fun accessorizing with scarves, beanies, hats, boots and bags.
I try to keep my all style posts very wearable not OTT so that you can take inspiration and look stylish. Tell me in the comments below how you style long coats. I will be up with my next post soon. Till then stay stylish and subscribe to my blog to stay updated.
Much Love 🙂