Hope you all are doing well. I am up with style series post and its about my favorite wardrobe staple. I love maxi dress to the core, according to me its a very versatile piece of clothing. You can wear them in summers as well as winters. Today I am going to compile how you can style maxi dresses. I will do a separate post for fall styling. Maxi dresses make you look taller, drapes well and looks effortlessly stylish. Also, you can wear these casually or formally in various colors, prints, stripes and patterns. I like maxi dresses in neutral colors and prints for daytime.
Petite or plus size: Go for dark colors, wear small or medium size print in case of printed maxi dress, opt for vertical stripes and take advantage of layering to create an illusion through layers. Choose good drape and flowy fabrics like chiffon, cotton etc instead of clinging fabric like jersey. Try to avoid noodle straps and off shoulder dresses.
My take on fashion is very basic and minimal, I feel nobody wears similar things as we see on the ramp, therefore, I always try to keep my styling posts very real, minimal and easy to pull off so that everybody can refer for some quick styling tips. Read on for easy peasy tips to keep your maxi dress game fun and stylish.
1. White maxi makes a perfect soothing summer dress to beat the heat. Pair with some bright accessories to complete the look.
2. Maxi dresses in neutral hues are perfect casual wear in summers just throw in a statement neckpiece to brighten up the whole look.
3. Wear off shoulder, strappy printed maxi dresses for daytime and pair with sunglasses, sling or shoulder bags, and sandals.
2. Channel your inner boho chic wearing a maxi dress in ethnic or tribal print with lots of accessories and a loose braid.
3. Striped maxi dresses in various patterns are great for casual wear. If you are petite, vertical stripes make you look taller and if you are tall and thin then go for horizontal stripes. Accessorize with a shoulder bag, strappy sandals, and few stacked bangles & bracelets.
4. Wear a belt to cinch the waist of a flared maxi dress and thus breaking the monotony of an otherwise simple dress.
5. Add some fun to your maxi dress with side or front knotting, accessorize with some bangles or layered pendants and you are good to go.
6. You can never go wrong with a slit maxi dress, either single or double slit maxi. Pair with tie up or T-strap sandals and some accessories.
7. Layer with a button down, denim jacket or chambray shirt.
8. If you are buying a voluminous relaxed fit maxi dress then choose lightweight fabrics and accessorize with a statement bag and sandals.
9. At times, a maxi dress in bright hues is just enough to spill the beans, accessorize with a statement bag and footwear.
Stylist Recommendations: I have selected few maxi dresses just for you guys.
- For brunch with your girl gang
- How about this maxi dress to show off those collar bones
- For your next night out
- You can never go wrong with a chic lace maxi dress for a lady like a look
- Perfect button-down maxi dress.
I hope you guys like this post. Tell me do you like wearing maxi dresses and your go to styling hacks. I will be up with my next post pretty soon. Till then keep stylish.